Fibre Crafts, Sketching and Other Workshops
A Sketchbook Visual Journey- Part 2
June 2nd 9am - Noon
Let’s deepen your sketchbook romance together!
In our first class, you explored the language hidden within your pens, paints, brushes, and papers. In this class your confidence will grow as we get to know these ‘four friends’ even better.
In this class we will:
- look more closely at Urban Sketchers, an organization “dedicated to fostering a global community of artists who practice on-location drawing.”
- take a closer look at the many choices available for sketching supplies, and learn how to ensure we have the right materials for the skills we are aiming to build
- weather permitting, we will head outdoors and sketch there together, with periodic breaks to share our ideas and wisdom
As before, handouts will include class outline and resources to explore at home
Materials to bring:
- a sketchbook with heavy-weight paper (90#/190gsm or more) for drawing
- a sketchbook or pad with 140# cold press watercolor paper if you wish to watercolor paint also
- a small watercolor travel set with brush, cup for water, paper towels, a pen, and a pencil
- a snack and a thermos of coffee/tea/water are good ideas since this will be a 3-hour class
- Optional: a camp stool if you have one (chairs will also be available)
Prerequisite: “Visual Journey” or “Look At That!” class (also taught by Bobbie Herron)
For questions about the class, call Bobbie Herron- 603-715-9152.
En plein air Garden Painting (in the open air)
August 14th, 15th & 16th
9am - Noon
Non Members $155
Get close to nature. Enjoy the outdoors and spend the afternoon painting in the beautiful Kimball Jenkins Gardens. Any painting medium is welcome, water colors, acrylic or oils. All levels of experience welcome.
ART AS A SPIRITUAL PRACTICE
Thursdays 6pm - 8pm
September 20th - October 25th
Non Member $200
This series of six workshops is designed to explore our connections to the Sacred, and the mystery beyond the mundane world. By connecting to that energy, we can bring that energy into our daily lives. Using intuitive artmaking, movement, sound, writing, and guided imagery, we will discover what has been inside us all along, and how to access that universal energy whenever we wish.
Drawing as Meditation
DEEP BREATH, DEEP DIVE
July 12th - August 16th
Non Member $200
Our senses are the doorways to the inner realms calling to us. Sight, sound, touch, movement - all are avenues to explore who we are and what we came to this earth with. Seasoning our senses with imagination and dialog, trust and faith, creative visualization and meditation, brings us home to ourselves. Join us in going deeper than ever into your unique way of making images.
Inner World Unfolding
Becoming a Portal
Letting Go of Resistance
Self-Empowerment through Word and Image
From the Personal to the Universal
July 24th, 25th & 26th
Non Members $155
Learn the basics of Drawing in 3 day! This course workshop is a condensed version of “Learn to see, learn to draw”. This workshop is a great way to build your confidence to move into painting in the Fall.
Aug 7th - Aug 9th
9am - noon
Non Member $155
Explore a path to drawing that relies less on a skill-based sequence of steps and takes a sensory-exploratory approach, one that emphasizes our innate ability to make marks and pay attention. Through a series of exercises that incorporate movement, meditation, and sensory experiences, this workshop explores drawing as an intuitive process, one that knows you already have it all inside you. Whether new to drawing or an experienced pro, intuitive drawing will energize and enhance your drawing practice.
The Shape of Things
Drawing from the Inside